On Sunday my nephew celebrated his fifth birthday with a party at a community farm.
I made the requested (dairy-free) cake – Bubbles from PowerPuff Girls:
We fed the animals
Dex got bitten by this nasty little spider which TheGamer scooped into a tupperware container to take to the hospital with us. We were 15 minute drive from any cell service so it was a bit of a panicked drive until we could call 13HEALTH for some reassurance.
Apparently the only spider bites they actually worry about are redbacks and funnel webs (I know, shocking – to me Australia+Spiders=Death). The Dr’s took the spider away, confirmed it wasn’t poisonous, checked Dex over and sent us home with strict instructions to watch for infection.
brave boy waiting for the all clear
The little man is fine, telling everyone about his adventure with the farm, spider bite and hospital. I, on the other hand, still feel kind of nauseous about the whole thing.
Share and Enjoy